Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Waiting...

Well...

We went to Stanford today and learned that due to a glitch in communications, Stanford hadn't received authorization from Kaiser for the meeting with the Tumor Board. However, they put it on the schedule and discussed my case anyway...I just couldn't attend. Frustrating.

My doctor's medical assistant should call me tomorrow with the results of their findings. And hopefully all the paperwork will be approved as well. It is much easier to trust God in all of this than in man's devices.

When you enter the clinic, a pianist is playing soothing music in the lobby. Imagine our surprise as one of the songs she played was, "Here I am to Praise You". It was the only praise chorus she played while we were there.
I believe the Lord had her do it just for us.

Stanford also hires massage therapists to come to the clinic to provide free treatments for their patients who are waiting for appointments. It was 15 minutes of bliss and almost made up for the fruitless 2 hour, one-way trip!


I won't pretend that this past few weeks have been a piece of cake, but one learns that God NEVER fails. I love Him.

Thank you for all your prayers and phone calls and for checking in on this blog. You are all dear to me.

Janiver


2 comments:

Karen J. Hopper said...

Sis Janiver,
What a wonderful God we serve. He had FAITH sing her morning song to you, "Here I am to Praise You". Our Lord is truly our light and our salvation and in whom shall we fear. However, I too understand your frustations in traveling a distance in the Bay area to get medical information. We travel over four hours one way to my husband's doctors in San Francisco at least once a month, only to often find out there are no answers (as yet). Seems our destiny is to wait on God. Please remember that you are always near in prayer. With love.

Laquita Mullings said...

Oh how frustating that was. It seem like the right hand never knows what the left hand is doing, when your dealing with large co-operations. Be not weary in well doing.
I just love a good message. If you get a chance to come to BK. I will treat you to a a hour long one. We'll pamper our selves big time.
Keep us updated on things. I love you much.
Laquita Mullings