Monday, August 18, 2008

Praying Friends

We had such a wonderful time at Camp Meeting. Seeing friends, enjoying family, soaking up good preaching and teaching. We didn't realize how isolated we had become over the last six months. I was so encouraged by all of you and inspired by the closeness of this great family of God.

I was meditating on the Lord and His people one morning and God spoke to my heart. "If My people love you enough to hold you up in prayer, imagine how precious you are to Me." How true that is! These wonderful people, many of whom I'm merely acquainted with, pray for me daily, fervently, effectually because the God I serve has placed me in their hearts and minds. Those same prayers are answered by that same great God. How marvelous that He chooses to use us in this way. We need not be alone when we walk through dark valleys and climb treacherous mountains because our God and His family walk with us. Thank you Jesus and thank you to everyone of you who hold us up.

May our God, who is more than enough, richly bless you today.

Janiver

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good afternoon, Janiver--

God HAS blessed me today. He's blessed me with health, food, housing, clothes--all that kind of thing--with His spirit, and with friends such as you.

I am so happy for the improvement in your health. I continue to think of you and to pray in faith for your deliverance from this disease.

Not a hard thing for our God.

Love to all of you.

Jana Allard said...

Janiver,
I am so disappointed I never met up with you at camp. My little boy broke his arm and we had to spend a couple days away getting his surgery done and it seemed the camp was somewhat hectic for me. The services I did get to attend were fabulous and the spirit of God was so sweet and strong. I'm glad you were able to be there and hope you are continuing to do well.
Love,
Jana

Karen J. Hopper said...

I too am disappointed that I didn't have the opportunity to meet you at camp meeting. I wanted so much to do so. Isn't it wonderful the power of prayer! We are all walking miracles, just miracles in various stages. Praying for continued strength in your body each and every day. With love.

Tredway Tales said...

Just wanted to let you know that you are in our continued thoughts and prayers.

Josh Tredway &
The Saints of the Original UPC of Strathmore