Friday, May 15, 2009

The Rock

I enjoyed a day at Western District Conference. So good to see friends I haven't seen for months. I was touched by your constant reminder of your prayers. Thank you, thank you.

I woke up this morning meditating on my God. I was thinking how one feels trapped in situations like the one I'm in. My mother used to say that she felt she was between "a rock and a hard place." I thought about that. Then thought "Well, as long as the Rock is Jesus, I'll be ok."


And he said, The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer;
The God of my rock; in him will I trust: he is my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my high tower, and my refuge, my savior; thou savest me from violence. 2 Samuel 22:2, 3

I love you all.

2 comments:

Tredway Tales said...

Sis. Brown-

I pray that God gives you many more good days. Remember that through this trial you are an example of strength and faith to many. Know that you are in our prayers and we think of you often. We love and appreciate you and your family.

Josh & Candace Tredway
The Pentecostals of Strathmore

Karen J. Hopper said...

It was wonderful to hear that you were able to go to the WD Conference. There is nothing like the fellowship of good friends. Continuing to pray that the Lord will complete His work on your behalf. With love.