Saturday, August 30, 2008

Empty Nest

We are enjoying a brief visit from Stan who has a break from school. Shedding some tears because Bethany is moving to Sacramento to complete her Bachelor's program in Speech Pathology. (I'm so glad to still have Nathaniel at home. He's becoming a great friend.) Bethany is excited to be working with her professor on a project that gives her some great experience in testing and some treatment. Something she would normally not get until she's in a Master's program.

I am taking things a day at a time. Still have about three months of treatment. My oncologist is referring me to a surgeon to discuss some possibilities of surgery. Pray with me about that. God is good and allowing me enough strength for each day.

Your friend,

Janiver

2 comments:

Karen J. Hopper said...

Oh, you've taken me back to the time when our nest was emptied out. What an experience! Will be praying with you - for guidance and strength.

Unknown said...

Having children, Janiver, is bittersweet, isn't it. We want them to grow up, to advance, to be successful, yet when they leave to do that, our hearts are broken.

Glad you're continuing to do well. I love you and your great family.