Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Stale Crackers

Have you ever sliced a perfect crisp Gala apple, some cheddar cheese and grabbed a few crackers and a good book, then sat down for a nice hour of relaxation...reached for a cracker, bit down only to discover it was stale? Well that's what people have told me about my blog lately, and I apologize. : ) It's been a tough two weeks dealing with Chemo junk. I won't bore you with the details...but I do appreciate your prayers lately.

I was laying down in my husband's office on Sunday morning, listening to the preaching and feeling a little blue. Satan was doing his best to discourage me. Then suddenly God renewed a promise to me. My husband began reading the scripture in Job that God had given me several years ago when I first began this battle with cancer.

Or who shut up the sea with doors, when it brake forth, as if it had issued out of the womb?
When I made the cloud the garment thereof, and thick darkness a swaddlingband for it,
And brake up for it my decreed place, and set bars and doors,
And said, Hitherto shalt thou come, but no further: and here shall thy proud waves be stayed? Job 38: 9- 11

And do you know what? It wasn't stale! God's promise was as fresh as the first day He gave it to me! Praise His Name. I am encouraged today in His Word.

We enjoyed a wonderful visit with Bro. and Sis. Doug Wright and their son Mark. Good friends. My brother in law Carl came this week to help us with some painting for our son's room. God has given us great people to help us through this valley. Thank you to you all for your prayers and help.

Your friend,

Janiver

4 comments:

Karen J. Hopper said...

I love the Book of Job. When in the midst of a storm, it is the perfect place to go. There have been times in my life that scripture in it ended up being a daily read - and an encouragement. It was good to read your new post. You are always close in thoughts and prayers.

Jana Allard said...

Now, not so hard on yourself. I didn't think your blog was "stale." I did, however, tell my husband we needed to pray more because I felt you hadn't posted due to your treatments being extra rough. Glad to know you have endured the further treatment and so happy you are encouraged in the Lord. I love you and continue to pray for you.

New Life Tabernacle said...

We love you so much and continue to pray for you!

Jolene Harris said...

Job is one of my favorites to read when in the midst of the storm. I know I don't post regularly but I want you to know that you are in my daily prayers. I know it's hard at times but Stay encouraged for God's promises are true. Love you!!