Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Unexpected Blessings

My husband was driving to church on Sunday morning and noticed a couple strolling near the church. The closer he got he realized he knew them and pulled over to greet them. Our pastors from Beaverton, Oregon had come down for a surprise visit. Bro. and Sis. Barry King were our first pastor as a married couple and what a blessing it was to sit under them for four years. God knows exactly what we need when we need it.

And I will give you pastors according to mine heart, which shall feed you with knowledge and understanding. Jeremiah 3:15

Bro. Booker once said "I have fallen into the hands of good men". And we have found that to be true in our lives as well. What a blessing to have men of God to feed us 'with knowledge and understanding' born of experience and wisdom.

I saw my oncologist on Friday. The tumor is still shrinking in size and cancer mass. The radiologist is unable to tell how much is scar tissue and how much is cancer at this point. My chemo treatments have been extended to an undetermined length of time.

Please pray with us as we meet with a surgeon on Thursday. I am facing some tough decisions.

Thank you for your support,

Janiver

7 comments:

Karen J. Hopper said...

Those of us who have been surrounded with wonderful shepherds are truly blessed. Will continue in prayer for you and yours.

Sheila C said...

Hi Sis. Brown! I just want to say I really enjoy reading your blogs. You are a great writer! You could probably write a book! I love and appreciate you. You are an inspiration to me! I am praying for you!

Love Sheila

Sheila C said...

Dear Sis. Brown,
I just want to say I really enjoy reading your blogs. You are a great writer! I love & appreciate you & am praying for you.
Love Sheila

Anonymous said...

Jan, I'm so thankful for this blog and the ability to check your latest entry and see how you are doing. We love you and are so thanking God for you and your life. Looking forward to the day when we can get together again! Love, Sandy

Steven Saiz said...

We are praying for you and believe!

Mary Frances said...

I will be praying for you!!! My brother went through Chemo for his Luekemia. It is really rough stuff and my heart goes out to you! I wrote a story about my brother and about how God helped him and our family get through that time in our lives. I can send you a link to it if you want. You can leave me a message on my blog or email me at maryfranceswriting@gmail.com No matter what happens God will see you through!
God Bless you!
Mary =-)

Anonymous said...

Sis. Brown... just wanted to let you know that you are in my thoughts and prayers! I am amazed by your courage. I love you!

Melanie