Saturday, October 18, 2008

Continuing on

I just love October skies. The majesty of the cloud formations, the colors, the bird migrations ...Spectacular. We enjoyed a few days at the coast in Pacific Grove. That particular coastline is beautiful. I never tire of it. Our friends, the Gordon Richardsons, came down to spend the day with us. We had fun picking out some new hats, touring the shops in Carmel by the Sea, and eating together.

New Life Tabernacle here in Napa is gearing up for our 60th Anniversary next weekend. Ya'll come. Sixty years ago, Bro and Sis Price set up a tent and Bro. Becton preached our first revival service. The first Napa convert from that meeting still attends our church. What a blessing of continuity.

I am enduring my treatments pretty well. Still waiting to have another PET scan in a few weeks. Thank you, thank you, thank you for your continued prayers.

Your friend,

Janiver

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jan, so good to hear about your trip to the coast....and the birds migrating....how I miss that! We are still praying and trusting God for your complete recovery.

So wish we could be there for your 60th. I know it will have the blessing of the Lord!

You are a dear friend and we love you!

Love,
Sandy Bracken

Jana Allard said...

So good to hear from you again. I have a favorite spot to visit on the central coast of California, but you have made me want to visit Pacific Grove!

The upcoming anniversary sounds exciting. Your church has a great history!

Glad you are doing well with your treatments. My prayers for you continue.

Karen J. Hopper said...

Ah the beauty of Pacific Grove. We always try to visit the Monterey area on our trips to and from San Francisco. There is such a tranquil feeling there. Continuing in prayer for you, and God's healing power.

Anonymous said...

Praying for you and with you!


Teresa Bohannon

Anonymous said...

The hats are truly fantastic, I must say. :~D