Friday, December 14, 2007

Christmas Cookies

I love this time of year. Many of our happiest family memories are of baking special Christmas cookies. ... seeing more icing on the kids' faces than on the cookies. ...the spicy aroma of baking gingerbread. ...eating more sweets than is good for us. ...eating the crumbs.

Crumbs. The crumbs were as good as the whole cooky. Irresistible. Yummy. Just as sweet, just as spicy, just as fattening.

The woman from Canaan came to Jesus with her need and was rebuked by him. Yet she persisted. She knew in her heart that it only takes ONE TOUCH, ONE CRUMB to do the job.

"And she said, Truth, Lord: yet the dogs eat of the crumbs which fall from their masters' table." Matthew 15:27

And Jesus was amazed at her faith.

"O woman, great is thy faith: be it unto thee even as thou wilt. "

Dear Jesus, hear me today. All I need is one crumb from your table, because it contains everything that the whole loaf contains. I love you.

Janiver

5 comments:

Unknown said...

You, my dear Janiver, are also a woman of great faith. You impress me with your tremendous, upward attitude.

I'm still praying for you and Brother Brown and the beautiful brown "babies." :)

Shirley Buxton

Terry R Baughman said...

We are continuing to pray for you at The Pentecostals of Pleasanton. We love you all. -Terry and Gayla

Karen J. Hopper said...

You sure made me hungry. Cookies are such yummy treats - can taste them now. Your thought about cookie crumbs and their value was inspiring. Truly, I have been fed by your words. Many Blessings to You!

Carol Connell said...

Sister Brown,

That was a beautiful thought about the crumbs. I will remember that as I do my holiday baking. We are still praying for you and your family.

Love,
the Connell family

Jana Allard said...

Sis. Brown - I just dropped by to catch up on your blog and was struck with this post. Our needs can easily be met with one crumb from the Master's table. What a wonderful God we serve. I am praying for you. Love, Jana