Thursday, April 3, 2008

Treatment #3

Just checking in with all my friends.

We enjoyed a few days with our dear friends Tom and Sandra Bracken. We go way back, so it takes no time at all to pick up where we left off at the last visit. We drove Up Valley to St. Helena on Saturday and enjoyed a visit to the original CIA (Culinary Institute of America) and sat in on a cooking demonstration. There are no friends like long time friends...but I enjoy meeting new ones too.

Yesterday was full-treatment Chemo day. Clayton started the day with me at Kaiser at 9:30 and Bethany came at 3:00 to bring me home at about 4:00. Dr. Kolevska says I'm doing ok. My symptoms are actually rather mild. The rash on my face has cleared up some. Thank you all for your prayers.

I am learning to think twice before I touch anything as the neuropathy makes my fingers and toes tingle like they are waking up from sleep. Annoying.

It was such a blessing to come home yesterday from a rather exhausting day and find that the Gooch family in our church had provided food and a gift to lift my spirits. What a blessing the saints in Napa have been through these tough days. They are a continual strength and blessing to our family.


****************************

Jehovah is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? Jehovah is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? Psalm 27:1

But be not thou far from me, O LORD: O my strength, haste thee to help me. Psalm 22:19

****************************

I love you all and pray for you often. Thank God for the family of God and friends to encourage

in times of need.


Janiver

12 comments:

Esther said...

Praying for you, Janiver. Chemo is not fun. I have too many folks in my life doing it now. I pray God brings you healing. Hang in there.

I'm just north of you in Lake County. :)

Karen J. Hopper said...

Glad the Brackens were able to be with you for a few days. Wonderful people. Knew them before they married (my, does that date me!). However, it is such a blessing to have good friends, and wonderful saints that really care. Am remaining in prayer for comfort and peace as you go "through" this valley. With love.

Tredway Tales said...

Sis. Brown,
You continue to be in our daily thoughts and prayers. Our church continues to pray for you during this difficult time. May God give you strength and peace to endure the task ahead.

Praying for you,
Josh & Candace Tredway
Church of Strathmore

Sarah Brown said...

It was so good to see the Brackens last week! I've been missing them alot! Aunt Sandy gave me her e-mail so we can keep in touch. I'm glad that the side affects aren't as bad as last week! That was so sweet of the Gooches to bring you dinner and gifts! :-D They are so thoughtful! See you tonight at dinner! Love you, mamma! :-D

Dianna Tuttle said...

Dear Jan,

I think of you often and continue to pray for you and your family.

We have so many fond memories and we cherish each of them.

Love
Dianna Tuttle

Jana Allard said...

Like Sarah, I too and glad the symptoms aren't as bad this week. My prayers continue for your strength and endurance. When the treatments are all done, we will all celebrate with you. Much love and prayers!

Art said...

So glad to hear your updates and to know that God is giving you strength in this long battle. Your entire family is constantly in our thoughts and prayers. We love you all and only wish we were closer to help pick up the slack in a practical way. May God continually give you strength and may His healing power work in your life to completely eradicate this disease from your body! In Jesus' name.

Art said...

To our dearest friends, the Browns: So glad to see the updates and to hear that God is sustaining you through this long battle. You are a strong woman, Jan. Thank God for making you so. You are constantly in our thoughts and prayers. We only wish we were closer so we could help pick up the slack in practical ways. May God continually strengthen and bless you all!

Art Vanderhoff

Carol Connell said...

Hi Sis. Brown,

Just wanted to check in and say hello. We were in New York for 8 days visiting my husband's family, so I'm catching up now with the blog world. You are still in our prayers and thoughts often,and we are believing God to see you through.

Love,
The Connells

Tredway Tales said...

Just wanted to let you know that the other night at church I reminded our congregation to continue to pray for you. We are believing that God is going to give you strength to endure. God bless

Steven Saiz said...

We continue to pray for you!

Unknown said...

Sis Brown,

You are in our continued thoughts and prayers. Love, Karen