Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Looking Younger

One of the unfortunate side effects of one of the drugs I am on is an acne-type rash on my face and upper body. But as one young man in our church pointed out this morning, it keeps me looking young. Ha Ha...

I have been feeling somewhat stronger, (thank you, Jesus), and have resumed a semi-normal life style. I was blessed to have my daughter, Sarah, go to chemotherapy with me yesterday. Only 3 hours this time. As we were leaving, she was wanting to hold my bags and help me down the stairs. I assured her I was fine. "I'm sorry, Mom", she gushed, "I'm just treating you like an infidel." We had a good laugh at that! She's always mixing up her "big" words.

God is such a continual tower of strength. I am grateful to Him for His peace that is enduring, unfathomable, unexplainable, eternal.

"In thee, O LORD, do I put my trust: let me never be put to confusion.
Deliver me in thy righteousness, and cause me to escape: incline thine ear unto me, and save me.
Be thou my strong habitation, whereunto I may continually resort: thou hast given commandment to save me; for thou art my rock and my fortress." Psalm 71:1-3

You, my friends, are all such a blessing to me...it is so encouraging to read your comments. We will plan a party and celebrate when this is all over.

Love you,

Janiver

9 comments:

Sarah Brown said...

haha!! yah I just got off the short train so you'll have to excuse me! ;-) I had such a good time with you yesterday! Can't wait to hang out with the best mom in the world again! :-D Love you bunches!

Sarah

Unknown said...

Glad you're feeling better.

Love you,

Shirley Buxton
www.shirleybuxton.wordpress.com

allstep said...

Great to hear of the good news, I can't wait for the party. I'll be there with my shouting shoes on!!!

Your in our Prayers
Tammy Allard

Laquita Mullings said...

Can hardly wait for the party to begin.
So glad the treatments are not as hard on you as we feared.
Sarah, that's Ok, I have trouble with those big words to. We sure don't want you treating your Dear Sweet Mother like an infidel. LOL
Love to you all.
Laquita Mullings

Karen J. Hopper said...

Just tell us what to bring and we will be there for the party. It will be a time of great celebration with lots of krejoicing. Praying the total healing package, and it will come. Love you.

Nila said...

Sarah is hilarious!! She was just the medicine you needed.
Okay, I wanna be included in on the party. I'll have Eric grill some chicken, and I'll bring a dessert. What color do you want the decorations to be?

Praying for you, Jan. Love you so much. Nila

Unknown said...

A young looking infidel!! How cute is that?! **Sounds like Sarah and I must be related somewhere!! LOL

Keep being beautiful in and out!!

Much love to you and your family.

Lorraine Bertram

Jana Allard said...

Infidel? LOL Scared of you! LOL It must be the red hair. Sarah is too cute!

Listen, I will join these other girls and we will have a party. Now you just need to let us know your favorite foods, desserts, etc. We will have a big bash! We need to start a count-down until your treatments are over. In the meantime, I will keep praying and sending you my love. I pray your "acne" does not hurt, your side effects are minimal, the treatment is successful, and for your continued strength and peace. In Jesus' name.

Karen J. Hopper said...

Just dropping by to let you know you are in thoughts and prayers. With love.