Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Friends in Need

Bethany and I were discussing the value of family and friends when one is going through hardship. She said, "I never realized that until the day I was in the waiting room of the hospital two years ago. You were so sick. The elevator doors opened, and out walked Uncle Loren. He had gotten the call from Dad and just dropped everything and drove ten hours to be there."

Until you face sickness, death, tragedy, you really cannot appreciate the strength there is in the prayers of the family of God. Gratitude wells up inside me whenever I hear from someone that says, "I am praying", or "Our church prayed for you."

I have received many phone calls, cards, and, of course, the comments posted to this blog, and I sense the love and faith that is behind each one. I have received prayer cloths that I keep with me. Your faith strengthens my faith.

On Sunday the Hanks family, Bro. and Sis. Morgan Underwood, and Bro. and Sis. O'Keefe came to service to encourage my husband and to pray for me.
Yesterday, our family was blessed by a visit from Dennis and Valda Johnson and Elbert and Donna Hollingsworth from Albany, Oregon. They drove here to see us and to pray with me. I am so humbled by their expression of love, concern and faith.

May God return blessings to all of you who have prayed for me and our family. Our God is faithful.

Janiver

"...and there is a friend that sticketh closer than a brother." Proverbs 18:24

4 comments:

MelisaM said...

Jan, The body of Christ is an amazing thing. Please know that there are prayers being made on your behalf everywhere! We love you little sister.
Your bro and sister,
Melisa and Alvin

Terry R Baughman said...

If wealth is measured by friends you are rich indeed. You have many friends who are standing with you and praying for you. Our church presents your name in prayer every week and we think of you often. We love you, Terry and Gayla

Unknown said...

Sis Brown, I just ran across your name on Sis. Buxton's blog and wanted to drop you a note. You have been in my thoughts and prayers since learning of your condition. Our church in Fairfield (Pastor David Alvarez) is also praying for you. We love you and your family!

Blesings,
Karen Mester

Unknown said...

One other comment, I too have a blog. Here is the link:

www.kikikaria.wordpress.com

Karen Mester