Saturday, November 17, 2007

Hope for Today

"Speak unto the children of Israel, and bid them that they make them fringes in the borders of their garments throughout their generations... And it shall be unto you for a fringe, that ye may look upon it, and remember all the commandments of the LORD, and do them; and that ye seek not after your own heart and your own eyes... That ye may remember, and do all my commandments, and be holy unto your God. "
Numbers 15:38 - 40


"And a woman having an issue of blood twelve years, which had spent all her living upon physicians, neither could be healed of any,
Came behind [him], and touched the border of his garment: and immediately her issue of blood stanched. "
Luke 8:43 - 44

I find such hope in these scriptures for me. In living a life separate and holy unto God we can approach Him with a boldness that others may not know. I am confident that God sees me, knows my need, cares for me, and will not fail me. Thank you to all of you who have left comments to us. Your prayers and your kindness is a real strength.

The family of God is a blessing in times of need. May the God of all peace strengthen each of you.

Your friend,

Janiver

8 comments:

Brenda Ghiloni said...

What a beautiful thought!Thanks for the encouraging words. Thinking and praying for you.
I enjoyed reading about your kids.

Lots of love,
Brenda Ghiloni

Cathy Clark said...

Jan,

I just came across your blog this evening. I just want you to know that I love and respect you so much. You are truly a "christian lady"!. Our prayers are with you and we think of you very often. Please let your husband and children know that we are holding all of you up in our prayers.

I will be checking your blog daily, and if there is anything we can do besides pray, please let us know. We love you all so much!

Clifford and Cathy Clark & family

LENA ♥ ♥ ♥ said...

What you wrote on Saturday is so like the Sister Brown that I know and have come to love so much...Bless you! I am praying for you daily and throughout the day!
Love, hugs, kisses and prayers,
Sister Lena <3

Gayla M. Baughman said...

Jan, this is so beautiful. It is so like you to minister to others as God ministers to you. I love you.

Laquita Mullings said...

Isn't it wonderful how the Word of God can speak comfort to us. "Thy word oh LORD is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path.
How are you all doing?
Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!
Love you my friend.
Laquita Mullings

Pat keyes said...

Sis Brown
Praying that you and your family have a wonderful thanksgiving. You are in our prayers daily. we love you much sis keyes

Dannette said...

Aunt Jan,

You and your family are in our prayers. You have always held a special place in my heart and as you can remember, I was so upset when Uncle Clayton took you away.LOL. I couldn't have asked for a better uncle and such awesome cousins. I wish that the whole family could have shared Thanksgiving together but with all of us scattered across the US, it is not to be.
We love you all.

Dannette, James, Daniel and David Fout

Laquita Mullings said...

Hope you and your family have a Happy Thanksgiving. "This is the day the Lord hath made, I will rejoice and be glad in it." Thank God for his word that comforts.

Love you my friend. Keep us updated on your journey. You are not alone.

Laquita Mullings