Saturday, November 3, 2007

The Waiting Room

This is a new venture for me. I plan to use this blog to keep my family and friends better informed as to the journey God has chosen for me at this time. I have experienced a local recurrance of colon cancer. The tumor is 2 cm and my oncologist, Dr. Whitney, has referred me to the surgeon who performed my previous surgeries. So... we are waiting for our November 13th appointment with Dr. Berndt. Hopefully we will learn whether surgery is an option or not at that time. Radiation is not possible as it was used before and can only be used once in any one area of the body. After the 13th they will decide what regimen of chemotherapy to begin. I may qualify for a new colon cancer study that involves variations in the chemo treatment with newer medicines.

My treatments will be from Kaiser Hospital in Vallejo, about 25 minutes from our home in Napa.

I am not in any pain at this time. God has given me a peace about His plan for me during this time.

A heartfelt 'thank you' to our family, wonderful local church and so many great friends for the expressions of love and concern that you have shown to us already! It means so much to have that support.

Please continue to keep us in prayer in the days and weeks ahead for the decisions we will need to make.

14 comments:

Unknown said...

Janiver, you are a great lady and we love you! We will be keeping you in our thoughts and prayers as you face these next few weeks of challenge. Love,
Tom and Sandy

Sandie said...

Thank you for sharing. And thank God - He is the peace-speaker in the time of our storm. He will see you through - Believe!
Love,
Sandie

Gayla M. Baughman said...

Janiver, you have always been a woman of faith. I have admired your walk with God so many times in the past. Now, with tears I see once again your "walk" is true. You will be in my prayers and thoughts throughout the next portion of your journey. I love you, my friend. My free home-cooked meal is still open...if you don't think I'll poisen your family. LOL.

Unknown said...

Jan, Just to let you know that we are there with you and are praying for you.

Eugene

Jarron said...

I love you Aunt Jan, and we're praying for you.
- Jarron

Jana Allard said...

Sis. Brown - Although I have never had the opportunity to know you closely, I have always admired you from afar. My parents so enjoyed the time they traveled with your husband to Costa Rica and came home telling how highly he spoke of you. I know there are are good and bad days going through chemo, and I pray your good days outweigh the not so good days. Your faith will keep you. I join with so many others in prayer for you.

Carol Connell said...

Hi Sister Brown,

I just want you to know that you have been and will continue to be in my prayers, the prayers of our family and the prayers of our church. I really admire and appreciate you so much, and I'm believing God for good things for you and your family.

Love in Christ,

Carol Connell

Stacey said...

Sis. Brown-
You are one of the great ladies I pattern my life after. You are an incredible example of a Christian, a mother, a wife, and a friend. So many times I have drawn strength from your kindness & your wisdom. I love you dearly & please know that I am available to you for anything you need.
Stacey Miraflor

MelisaM said...

Jan, always know that your big brother and I are praying for you, as well as Amy,Luke and Gabe and our entire church. We love you!

Alvin & Melisa

Laquita Mullings said...

Dear Friend
I just received this blog today.
My heart hurts for you and your family. I wish you didn't have to go this journey again. You will all be in my prayers daily. I will check in often on your progress. Hope today went will for you. We serve a powerful and peace giving God. He will see you through.

Sparky said...

Mamma...It hurts me to see you going thru this all again! But you have your adorable children, loving husband, and caring church family and friends behind you praying for you! We WILL get thru this together! Mum, your my hero and role model!! I love you so much!!

Love your favorite red headed dramatic daughter,
Sair-Uh See Brown

Unknown said...

Janiver, what an incredibly precious sister-in-law you are, who's always been more of a real sister. Your sweet, calm spirit, your unbelievable patience, your stalwart faith in God, your intense love for your God and family - you're a rare gem and I love you much! I know you know that the same God that gave us life, created the World, and still holds back the sea in its place will continue to direct your life and give grace for every step. I'm SO glad we know Him! We're praying constantly for you. Carl

Edwina said...

Janiver,

My precious sister. When mama brought you home from the hospital, I fell head-over-heels in love with you. Through the years I watched your faithfullness and trust in our Mighty God.

Your in my prayers.
I love you forever
Your older siter
Edwina

Kari Morgan said...

I have faith that all is well...